Those who have never been told of Him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Vietnam Part 3

Unfortunately the place we stayed at yesterday (quite a "dive" as my mother would call it) didn't have internet and something about leaving the gorgeous beach to go find a place with wifi seemed turned around, so I didn't update yesterday. My first miss in my attempt at 29 in 29, but oh well :)

So we're at the beach now. Moved to a nicer place tonight. Nicer meaning about $12/night instead of $7 :) I love traveling in Asia.

Minus the taxis, that is.  Yesterday after taking the train to Da Nang (the route was amazingly beautiful), we got this taxi driver who spoke English (sorta) and offered to take us by the bus station first to get our bus tickets...The beach is pretty far away from the town.  That sounded like a good idea until we realized that the bus station was in the opposite direction as the beach and then nobody at the bus station spoke English and somehow they acted as if buses to Laos don't exist or something. It was a pretty frustrating experience. Maybe I'm just spoiled in that most people working in travel places can speak at least some English.

So, hopefully we'll be able to find bus tickets tomorrow. Ended up staying an extra day here because it's just super nice and relaxing. It's funny... in the daytime the beach is almost deserted, but at night all the people come out and play volleyball, walk on the beach and just hang out. It's the first time I've seen a beach with spotlights.  I guess that's because we Americans love our dark skin and Asians cherish white skin. 

I think the highlight was watching the sunrise over the ocean this morning at 5:30 am and talking about what the Father is like with Sone.

Every time I see a sunrise, I think of that statement from Mr. Hosea, Let us press on to know him for as surely as the sun rises, He will appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment