Meetings. Hmm, usually not what everyone hears about and thinks, "Oh, invite me, invite me!!"
Yeah, I'm not usually that kind of gal.
But here I often feel like I am that girl. And I'm hollering it from the inside.
Let me explain. There are about 50 teachers in our department (English) and approximately 7 of those are foreign teachers. Like me, for example. There are meetings quite often in our department, but we have never been asked to attend. Quite possibly that is because our Lao comprehension just couldn't keep up.
But some days I feel like I'm just bursting with ideas that I would like to share, but feel that I haven't found the correct outlet. I also desire to have a closer camaraderie with our Lao colleagues but honestly am not sure where to start.
It was something I lifted up to the Father this weekend during our time away.
And guess what happened this morning... Nan, the coordinator for the M.A. program, walks into the office with an announcement about a meeting on Tuesday regarding the M.A. program. I'm invited! (haha, do I sound like a 10 year old invited to the cool kid's birthday party?!). I signed my name down as attending and will be in that seat at 9:20am tomorrow. Even if I have to finish my 8:00 class a little early, it's worth it.
Don't worry, I'm not planning on sharing all of my ideas at once. Nor do I think it's really appropriate for a newcomer to speak out perhaps at all the first time. But I'm hoping that perhaps this is the beginning to a greater collaboration in an effort to enhance the English programs at our school.
Maybe it sounds silly, but I was so encouraged to see how the Father answers even my smallest petitions.
Julia, I'm so excited for you! You are an amazing teacher so you'll have much to offer the group. So very proud of you!!! And, yes, our Father hears and answers!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you and miss you!
Mom
YAY!! :) I am excited for you!! And thankful too!!! :) ~toni
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love it. And He has gifted you with many great ideas that will hopefully come out... in due time! :)
ReplyDelete