It's freakin' hot here! (Note: sorry to those of you who are offended by that word...but until you have lived here, that word and it's emphasis has not really applied;)
I think it surpassed 100F a few days.
Ok, so I know you're saying to yourself...That's not that hot. Yes, it's true, in Florida we often have 100+ days. But... there's one big big big big BIG difference.
In Florida and pretty much all of the US we have this wonderful thing that's two letters long that really makes the heat seem not so bad until it breaks in your house or your car...
AC
Such powerful little letters :) Haha, it's really not that bad. I'm being dramatic, but not having AC in this heat is a pretty draining experience sometimes. You get crazy urges to take a shower...all the time... or pour that cup of water you're drinking right on your head instead of down your throat. It can really zap your energy and make you want to sleep all the time.
I think our house feels a lot hotter now that we keep the windows and doors shut and bolted most of the time (but better sweat than theft!).
However, today instead of letting the heat get us down, we decided to pull out the slip and slide I'd brought back from the states and "play water" as Lao people call it. This past week was the biggest holiday in Laos - 3 days of playing water - and since Sone and I missed it we had our own time of playing in the water today. Very refreshing, even if my Goodwill slip and slide purchase did turn out to be somewhat of a bust.
| Getting set up... |
| I love Nouy's reaction here when she saw that the slip and slide shot water up in the air |
| Hanging out on the slip and slide...it ended up not having quite enough slip for it to be a true slide |
| Lily and Nouy |
| Lily wasn't quite too sure about playing in the water |
| Sone and Nouy all wet... |
Definitely felt the edge of the heat wear off a bit after our rendezvous with the slip and slide and hose outside :)
No comments:
Post a Comment