Because of the time change, I was pretty awake by 5:45 and went for a run around the campus with one of my teammates. Turns out both of our parents didn't want us running alone, so it was cool how within a few minutes of talking on the bus we realized we both enjoyed running early in the morning and decided to go together.
I have now met all my new teammates - there are four of us here who are the "newbies" - and I am so thankful because we all get along really well so far and have enjoyed hanging out and sitting together during the sessions. Team dynamics was one of my bigger concerns, and so it is a real blessing to have hit it off with them so great already (we'll see how we feel about each other after another 7 weeks straight of hanging out during TEFL training and Language Lessons!;)
Each of us have our own room here in the dorm which is a huge blessing because of just how incredibly emotionally draining the process of saying goodbye was all last week. Turns out most of the people I've talked to felt the same way about saying goodbye to friends and family, and being able to retreat to my room for some R&R is a huge blessing. Below is a picture of my room, very neat and tidy as you can tell!
This picture is especially for my mom so she can see how I organized all my clothes in the drawers already. See, I do pay attention to some of the things you tell me! That, and just the idea of living out of a suitcase for the next 7 weeks isn't really that appealing, so I'm trying to make it feel like home as much as possible! :)
Here's me just being a dork and modeling my motor bike helmet. I think I should take the writing off the sunglass insert before I start driving, though that won't be for quite a while...8 weeks after getting in country.
Something to reflect on as I begin this new phase of my journey.
So wonderful to hear that you're hitting it off with some new friends there (and to have your own room!). :) Do you love me?--that applies to our motivation in SO many areas of life. Thanks for the reminder this morning. Have a great week, Julia!
ReplyDeleteJulia, I'm so stoked you're in Fort Collins! Make sure you get a chance to explore a bit, even if you have to sneak off. ;) [And keep appreciating you've got a room all to yourself--those a/c-less dorms aren't so fun when stuffed with people!]
ReplyDeleteyes. Move forward with that bitter black stuff. It will revolutionize your life ;)
ReplyDelete