Those who have never been told of Him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Departure Day!

Ok, technically it's another 7 minutes til my true departure day, but by the time I'm done writing this, it'll be departure day. Nothing too profound or deep from me tonight. My brain is fried from thinking and rethinking my packing list over and over. My back is slightly aggravated from laying on top of my suitcases time and again trying to close them, weigh them, reopen them, close them and weigh again to attain the magical number. And my heart, oh my heart is sore from many hard goodbyes. But it's a good sore because I've felt so loved on in the last 48 hours that my heart is also bursting, and I just wanted to be able to save up the hugs I received today from friends and families for those lonely days that are inevitably ahead.
But, when you know that you're doing what the Father has willed, there is a peace in the midst of the pain, and a calm in the midst of the craziness.

Today was filled with sweet moments. Some of my favorites Jill has captured on film. Others are captured in my heart and I'm so grateful to the Father that He doesn't send me out alone. He goes with me, and I feel enveloped by the prayers of so many dear brothers and sisters.


Will bringing me flowers!

Such a sweetheart.

The wonderful Body I'm so blessed to be a part of!

My favorite musicians performing "Healing is in Your Hands" - a request for my last Sunday:)

Said my final goodbye to the triplets today (utterly heart-wrentching)...and Will passed out on me. I kept thinking of the verse Be at rest once more, O my soul. For He has been good to you. He has been so good indeed. I want to be at rest like this in His arms.


Not pictured here are the many sweet friends who said goodbye and showered me with love, my wonderful lunch with one of my dearest friends, and the hilarious packing endeavor that took my whole family and Little Sensei to complete!

It's hard to believe that July 26 has finally come. But it's here. And I'm ready, at least, I think I am! My bags are packed and I'm trusting the Father to lead me now like He has been throughout this entire process.

Be at rest once more, O my soul. For He has been good to you.

Goodbye Orlando and all that you include. You are in my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for you today, Julia! I know it must have been so hard to say goodbye to those sweet kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very excited for you! My prayers go with you as you fly through the sky and anticipate the adventures you will encounter when you touch ground!

    Godspeed and love always, Tali Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully well said, sister. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you are in ours... a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete