Those who have never been told of Him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Just For My Mom...The Day in Pictures:)

So my mom wanted to know why there weren't pictures of me on my last post (and just so you know, mom, I totally called it that you'd say something;)

Thus, I'm posting some pics of my day that actually have me in them! (Side note: one of the reasons I haven't had pics of me is because I've been the one taking the pics. The other reason, well, Hanoi humidity just really makes for bad hair days so I've been avoiding the camera;)

Christa and I checking out the exotic fruits here...definitely won't find these at your neighborhood Walmart!


Fans to keep us cool during class


Lunch time...eating Morning Glory. It feels like we have this at every meal except the morning one. Hmmm...

Ok, so this actually tastes better than our faces make it look. I was eating the carrot flower that was on our plate for decoration. Can't really tell by this picture how decorative and beautiful it was though.

Elise and I on the way to the mall for our cultural observation. Along the way we discovered a cute little park with a lake.

A new friend I made while shopping/observing. Will probably write more about her in a later post.

And...just for fun...because obviously the whole world loves Twilight ;)

6 comments:

  1. So just curious - does the food taste anything like our trips to Little Saigon? Did you ever think that you would be there for almost a month?
    That is crazy that you are there right now.

    And what is Morning Glory, I wonder?

    Well, just know that you are always on my mind and my heart! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pictures!!! Keep 'em coming. :) Doesn't look like a bad hair day to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures in spite of the humidity. Wonderful to see your sweet face that I've been missing so much! Thank you. You know me well, don't you? :-) Missing you, but enjoy the ride!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny. I was thinking after I read the last one that you were not in any pics. Looks like fun! Glad to have updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You shouldn't endorse such frivolity on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you talking about Twilight? ;) you know you love it.

    Julianne... I posted pics of food that's really similar to the stuff we ate at Little Saigon. :)

    ReplyDelete