Those who have never been told of Him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jet Lagged!

Quick update for those who aren't on facebook:)

We've now been up for about 24 hours and still have one more plane ride to go before landing in Hanoi for training. So far it has been pretty smooth sailing, and the Father has been so gracious to this timid flying one. I was actually able to look out the window and enjoy the view without feeling crazy anxiety for the first time in about 3 years.  Thankful for the little things.

Would be thankful for some sleep right about now too, but that will come soon enough I suppose. The trick to overcoming/avoiding jet lag altogether is to just be so exhausted upon reaching your final destination that all you can do is sleep for a long time (I guess this only works if you're arriving in the evening local time, which we happen to be doing). I've done that for the last few trips to Japan and have pretty much had zero jet lag, so I'm hoping for that this time too. Right about now I feel like a big truck ran over my brains so I guess that qualifies as exhausted! :)

Ok, well this is just a pretty logistical update, but I wanted to take advantage of the wi-fi in the Seoul airport and let everyone know we're almost there :) Well, at least to our next temporary "home" which will be "home" until about Aug 28 or 29.

Elise checking email


Christa demonstrating how tired we all feel!

2 comments:

  1. SO thankful for your email. Love you very much!!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! I love traveling, but it can be like living in another world when you are so tired and switching time-zones. Yay for looking out the window and not being anxious. :)

    ReplyDelete