Since coming to Laos, Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays. No, I don't like the scary, spooky, creepy part of it, but there are a lot of other aspects that are just a lot of fun. I often feel like a kid again!
Today a group of students came over and carved pumpkins, did apple bobbing, had a team costume contest, did indoor trick-or-treating, and ate some delicious caramel apple cake (and I learned how to make caramel popcorn...so easy and so delicious!)
Here are a few pics from our fun day...
Pumpkin carving
This is one of my favorites...this young man dressed up as a deer (And, I guess in this case, dressed up should be taken literally since he's wearing a woman's dress)
Each group had a theme and this group's theme is Holiday stars...Spiderman, Cowgirl and Michael Jackson
This group won the prize for best theme...Mafia woman and her bodyguards.
Check out my eye make-up...not sure what I was supposed to be :) Everyone said I looked like a fortune teller, but that's not what I was going for!
Apple Bobbing
This is Shana...one of the new teachers that came in August. She joined us for the activity.
So, apparently the thing to do with your jack-o-lanterns is to put them in a tree...
And, the spunkiest, smelliest, naughtiest cowgirl ever...Lily! She couldn't get enough of all the people and tried to get more than her share of snacks.
No comments:
Post a Comment