Those who have never been told of Him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sweet Sounds

Tuesday night I came home to the sound of water pouring into our water tanks...After 4 days of no running water, it was a beautiful sound. We had resorted to catching rain water to flush our toilets!

However, an even sweeter sound was heard tonight.

Thursday nights we often hang out with my team leader Corky and study together.  N started studying with us a few months ago. Tonight we studied about Father A and his many sons (I can picture myself marching in Sunday School years ago as I write that!)...Just think, that through the blessing he received, the Father blessed all the families of the earth. All the families of the earth! And as we read that story tonight, I was sitting next to one of His newer children from a small little landlocked country called Laos.  

Blessed to be a blessing...

And the chain continues on and on.

Anyway, back to the sweeter sound... As we often do, we start off our time talking about something we're thankful for or something we would like to ask the Father for. Tonight Corky asked S to talk to the Father for us, and when she got to asking for N, her words touched my heart and I almost teared up thinking about the way the Father is working in this family.

She asked the Father to open N's eyes so she could see Him. She asked it right there, so boldly, and as she was sitting next to her sister who still sits in darkness.

One former blind one asking the Healer for the sight of another.

And isn't that what we all are?

And, I'd like to think that there is no sweeter sound to the Father's ears.

2 comments:

  1. This seriously gave me chills when I read it.
    Talking to the Father about N. It was so good to "see" her the other day.

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "One former blind one asking the Healer for the sight of another."

    Sob!

    ReplyDelete