Those who have never been told of Him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Craziness at the "Funny Farm"

Growing up, we always jokingly called our house the "Funny Farm," especially after the grandparents moved in and Grams would run around the house shaking her finger and saying, "You, you, you!"  Our house has always been a pretty crazy place for one reason or another, and last night was probably one of those extra crazy times, but a fun time in the midst of a summer that's often been marked by bittersweet experiences.

Ok, so my words are failing at explaining. But these pictures should make up for it!

On the way back from our trip to New Bern, we stopped at a Walgreens and I found some pretty sweet wigs for a good price (I've been trying to collect fun things to bring back to Laos for Halloween and other times we might want to dress up:)
Here we are modeling them in the car...

 I even got Julianne to try on one of the wigs! Who knew she had such a crazy side!:)
After I got home, I had Jessie and Tsukasa join the dress-up zaniness!
 My personal fave of the 3 of us...just for the record, Jess isn't wearing a wig, just some pretty bushy eyebrows

Toots couldn't be left out of the fun!

 It all started because I was showing off my purchases to mom and Tsu in my room...
 Then I even convinced Mom to try some of it on. She was even willing to smash down her hair to put on this wig. Unbelievable, I know. Just think how much money women could save if they used wigs instead of going to the salon every 6 weeks!

 Dad got some of his own dress up gear from his room - a moustache and, of course, a Gator hat
Now this is a rare occurance, right here!
The whole time mom kept saying, "Now don't you put this on facebook." So, like the obedient daughter that I am, I didn't. But she didn't say anything about the blog!!
 I contend that this should be their Growth Group leader pic. I mean, who wouldn't want to come hang out with a couple that has this much fun on a Monday night?!

My parents are hilarious! 

Last night was so random and spontaneous and unexpected. But so much fun. Maybe I should bring home random accessories more often! 
Oh and if you have any sitting around your house that you are itching to get rid of, feel free to send it across the ocean with me! We're already gearing up for our Halloween Party!




4 comments:

  1. eeee! So much fun!! I was told though if I'm not a gator fan to not come to their GG. ;) But I say fun trumps sports!!!! haha ~toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ohmygiddyaunt, these are the best pictures. My spirit must have been there with ya'll. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was there really a need to clarify that I wasn't wearing a wig?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much fun!! I agree that your parents should use a "wig pic" for the GG brochure.

    ReplyDelete