But here are a few pics from this week, depicting some of the highlights of being home.
Highlight #1 - a spontaneous trip to Bradenton to visit my great aunt and uncle with my friends Hannah and Kristi. Hannah teaches in Taiwan and Kristi is heading back to Norway for the second time this week. What a blessing to have friends who understand this cross-cultural life thing!
Hightlight #2 - my sis came home from Europe this week! She was there for about a month for piano "stuff" (I'm sure it is more technical than that, but ya know...)
Another awesome highlight - seeing my sister's best friend (and honorary sister) Tali. She was only home in Otown for a few days, but it was so fun to hang out with her. I babysat her when she was five and now she's going into her sophomore year of college. I sure do feel old! I love this picture of the three of us, mainly because whatever it is that has a hold of my stomach has made me a much smaller size, at least temporarily! This is perhaps the first time I've stood next to my tiny sister and not felt like a beast! ;)
One of the few things I've been able to eat since coming back home...Applesauce. I was trying to be all artsy with Jessie's new camera
For Jessie's first dinner back home, mom made her favorite - Salsa Chicken - here Tali and I are comparing portion sizes. This may look like a small plate for me, but these days, that's about all I can stomach! Though, today was actually a much better day, and I was able to eat about two meals, including a smoothie (that Tyler bought for me:) and some steak.
Last night I was supposed to meet some friends for dinner, but plans fell through and I found myself halfway to the triplets' house with nothing to do. So I called Jill and went to visit the triplets. It was such a perfect gift from the Father, and as I like to say, just what the Doctor ordered...some triplet loving and time with J and C was just what my heart needed.
Triplet Pile!
As you can see, they are still quite shy around me ;) It has been such a wonderful surprise that even at such a young age, they were able to remember me, and still welcome me and love playing together after a year apart. Even shy Charlie was busy showing off, and kept begging again, again when I let him fly over my head. Oh, I love those babies and they really brightened my day.




Aw, I feel so important, getting mentioned on your blog! I sure wish we'd had more time together.
ReplyDelete